Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine Card

  Well, it is getting near Valentine's Day so I
 thought I should get going on cards.  I had recently seen the
technique of inking an embossing folder to get a two color emboss.  It is much like pottery and is very elegant.  So, I played with this a bit and came up with a card base done in pink and white.  Then I took a Quick cutz heart die and cut 2 hearts in 2 sizes with red and pink paper.  I ran the pink heart through the swiss dots folder and popped both hearts on foam tape.  I think it turned out elegant and simple.  The shading on the embossed card can be tailored to the look you want.  Great technique and one I will use a lot.



                                                      Close up of the embossing effect.

910 pm:  Well more cards made!  This next one uses the same color embossing as the one above but a reversed image..the colored part is the unraised part and the white is the raised embossing.  I then cut out a frame from Ornamental Iron 2...page 54...lace 2 in pink at 2 3/4 inches and then the  lace 2 shadow (on the left) at 2 3/4 in in white.  I popped the frame and shadow on 2 thicknesses of foam tape.  I then stamped the greeting  in SU chocolate chip.  The stamp is a Michael's dollar bin stamp.
I think it is a great girly card with the pink........Having fun today crafting....hope you are too!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the frames on that cart! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete